Top 50 Button Craft Ideas for Kids and Adults
Buttons have been a part of the crafting world for years. But recently, they’ve become even more popular and versatile. Whether you’re a kid or an adult, you can find tons of ways to get creative with buttons. From jewelry to accessories to home décor. In this blog post, we’ll explore 60 of the top button craft ideas for both kids and adults.
Button Crafts Ideas For Kids and Adults
1. Button Glasses Unique Activity
Button glasses are a unique activity that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. They can be made from a variety of materials, including buttons, beads, wire, and even paper!
Button glasses are a great way to express your creativity and have fun at the same time. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Choose your material. buttons, beads, wire, paper, etc.
- Decide on a design. Simple patterns or more complex designs?
- Assemble your materials. Follow your chosen design or come up with your own as you go!
- Wear your button glasses with pride.
Also Read: Trending 10 Comfy Pregnancy Outfits
2. Button Bags
Button bags are one of the most popular craft items for both kids and adults. They can be used to store buttons, jewelry, or other small items. Button bags are easy to make and can be customized to any size or shape.
3. Buttons Headband
Looking for a fun and easy craft project? Button headbands are a great option! They are perfect for kids and adults alike, and can be made in any color or style you like.
To make a button headband, you will need:
- Buttons (of various sizes)
- Hot glue gun
Instructions: Buttons Headband
- Begin by hot gluing buttons of various sizes onto the headband. The buttons can be close together or spaced out, whichever you prefer.
- Once all the buttons have been glued on, trim any excess glue with scissors. That’s it! Your button headband is now ready to wear.
4. Button Star Ornament
What you will need:
Buttons in various sizes and colors (we used 25 buttons total)
Needle nose pliers
Ruler or measuring tape
Hot glue and glue gun
Optional: ribbon for hanging.
Instructions: Button Star Ornament
Step 1: Begin by sorting your buttons by size. You will need a total of five buttons for each star point.
Step 2: Cut a 6” piece of wire using your wire cutters.
Step 3: Using needle nose pliers, make a small loop at one end of the wire. This will be the top of your star.
Step 4: String your five largest buttons onto the wire, making sure they are evenly spaced. Once all five buttons are on, twist the wire to secure them in place.
Step 5: Continue adding button layers, using progressively smaller buttons until you reach the center of your star. Make sure to twist the wire between each layer to secure the buttons in place.
Step 6: Once you’ve reached the center button, cut off any excess wire using your wire cutters.
Step 7: Using hot glue, attach a small loop of ribbon to the back of your star (this will be used for hanging). Let dry completely before displaying.
5. Star Wreath
This star wreath is a beautiful and easy craft that both kids and adults will enjoy making. It’s perfect for decorating your home for the holidays, or as a thoughtful gift for a friend or family member. All you need to make this lovely wreath are some pipe cleaners, beads, and wire.
Simply twist the pipe cleaners into star shapes, thread on some beads, and then bend the wire into a circular wreath shape. Hang your wreath up and enjoy!
6. Button Footwear Creativity
This Button bracelets and necklaces are a fun way to show off your personality and style.
Button earrings add a unique touch to any outfit.
A button ring makes a great fashion statement.
A button brooch is a lovely accessory for any occasion.
Button hair clips are a pretty way to keep your hair out of your face.
Button magnets are fun decorative touches for your fridge or office space.
6. Button Bracelet Craft
This Button Bracelet Craft is a great way to use up those spare buttons lying around the house. It’s a simple and easy craft that even the kids can help out with. All you need is some string, buttons of different sizes, and a hot glue gun.
Start by tying a knot at one end of the string. Then, start threading on the buttons. We used a mix of large and small buttons to create an interesting pattern. Once all the buttons are on, tie another knot at the other end of the string to secure them in place.
Now it’s time to glue! Put a dab of hot glue on each button and quickly press the string down onto it. Be careful not to burn yourself! Repeat this process until all the buttons are glued down.
And that’s it! Your bracelet is now ready to wear. Have fun experimenting with different button designs and patterns.
Also Read: 20 Free Women’s Clothing Catalogs
7. Decorative Button Tree Craft
This is a fun and easy craft that both kids and adults will enjoy. All you need is some buttons, glue, and a piece of paper or cardstock. You can make your button tree as big or small as you like, and you can use any colors or types of buttons that you like.
To start, glue your buttons onto the paper or cardstock in the shape of a tree. Once the glue has dried, you can add additional decoration to your trees, such as leaves made from construction paper or fabric scraps. This is a great way to use up those odd buttons that you have left over from other projects.
8. Button Bookmarks
Button bookmarks are a great way to add a personal touch to your reading. They also make great gifts for friends and family who love to read. Here are some of our favorite button bookmark craft ideas:
- For the Bookworm: This simple yet stylish bookmark features a single button attached to a length of ribbon. Simply tie the ribbon around your book’s cover and mark your place with the button.
- For the Organized Reader: Keep track of where you left off in each book with this handy bookmark. Button bookmarks can be labeled with the title of the book and the page number. This is perfect for readers who like to keep their books in order.
- For the Decorative Reader: Dress up your bookmarks with pretty buttons, ribbons, and beads. These decorative bookmarks can be used as gifts or party favors.
- For the Crafty Reader: Get creative with your button bookmarks! Use different-shaped buttons, paint them, or add embellishments like rhinestones or sequins. The sky’s the limit when it comes to crafting with buttons.
9. Button Statement Necklace
This button-statement necklace is the perfect accessory for any outfit! It’s easy to make and can be customized to any color or style you want.
What You’ll Need:
- Buttons in various sizes and colors
- Thread or string
- Tape measure or ruler
Instructions: Button Statement Necklace
- Begin by measuring the length of string or thread you will need. Cut it to size and tie a knot at one end.
- Next, start threading your buttons onto the string, alternating between different colors and sizes. Keep going until you reach the desired length for your necklace.
- Once all of the buttons are on, tie another knot at the other end of the string to secure them in place. Trim any excess string and your necklace is now complete!
10. Button Wall Decor
There’s something special about buttons. They come in all shapes and sizes, colors and textures. And when you put them together, they can create something truly beautiful.
Button wall decor is a great way to add a personal touch to your home. Whether you create a one-of-a-kind piece of art or simply arrange buttons in a creative way, the result will be eye-catching and unique.
Also Read: Best Acupressure Mat for Daily Self-Care
11. Animal Button Pendant Necklace
This animal button pendant necklace is a great craft for kids and adults alike. It’s simple to make and only requires a few materials. Plus, it’s a great way to upcycle old buttons.
To make this necklace, you’ll need:
- Buttons in various colors and sizes
- A hot glue gun
- A length of ribbon or string
First, sort your buttons by color and size. Then, using the hot glue gun, attach the buttons to the ribbon or string in an alternating pattern. Once all of the buttons are attached, trim any excess ribbon or string from the ends. Tie the necklace around your neck and you’re done!
12. Button Napkin Holders
Button napkin holders are a great way to add a personal touch to your table setting. They also make great gifts for friends and family. Here are some easy instructions for making your own button napkin holders:
- Choose your buttons. You can use any size or type of button, but keep in mind that larger buttons will be easier to work with.
- If you want, you can glue the buttons to the napkin holder base ahead of time. This will make the project go faster, but it’s not necessary.
- Start at the center of the napkin holder and glue or sew one button in place.
- Continue adding buttons around the edge of the napkin holder, working in a spiral pattern until you reach the desired size.
- Once all of the buttons are in place, let the glue or stitching dry completely before using the napkin holder.
13. Button Mirrors as a Craft
Button mirrors are a great craft for kids and adults! They are easy to make and can be customized to any size or shape. Plus, they make great gifts! Here are some tips on how to make button mirrors:
- start with a clean, smooth surface. You can use a piece of wood, cardboard, or even an old picture frame.
- use glue to attach your buttons. You can use hot glue, super glue, or any other type of strong adhesive.
- try to evenly space out your buttons. This will ensure that your mirror looks symmetrical and polished.
- once your buttons are in place, let the glue dry completely before hanging up your mirror.
14. Button Garland
Button garlands are a fun and creative way to add a pop of color to any room. They are also a great way to upcycle old buttons that you may have lying around. To make a button garland, you will need:
- Buttons in various colors and sizes
- Thread or string
- Begin by threading your string through the first button. Tie a knot at the end of the string to secure the button in place.
- Continue threading buttons onto the string, making sure to leave enough space between each button so that they can lay flat.
- Once all of the buttons are on the string, tie another knot at the end to secure them in place. Then, cut off any excess string.
- Hang your button garland up and enjoy.
15. Button Little Peg Bunnies
These little peg bunnies are the perfect craft for kids and adults alike! Made from buttons and clothespins, these adorable bunnies can be used as decorations or toys.
To make your own button little peg bunnies, you’ll need:
- Buttons in assorted sizes and colors
- Pipe cleaners (optional)
Instructions: Button Little Peg Bunnies
- Begin by glueing two buttons together to form the body of the bunny. You can use any size or type of button, but we recommend using smaller buttons for the head and larger buttons for the body.
- Once the glue has dried, glue on a clothespin for the bunny’s legs. You may need to trim the clothespin down to size depending on the size of your bunny.
- For the arms, cut a pipe cleaner in half and glue each half to the sides of the body. Again, you may need to trim the pipe cleaners to size.
- To finish off your bunny, glue on two more buttons for ears and add any other details you like, such as eyes or a nose. These bunnies are so cute and easy to make – have fun customizing them to your own taste!
16. Button Crazy Caterpillar
This Button Crazy Caterpillar is a fun and easy craft for kids and adults alike. Using colorful buttons, this caterpillar is sure to brighten up any day. Best of all, this craft can be made in under an hour!
- What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 yard green felt
- 1/4 yard white felt
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Assorted buttons in various colors and sizes
- Needle and thread (optional)
Instructions: Button Crazy Caterpillar
- Cut a strip of green felt that is 12 inches wide by 18 inches long. This will be the body of your caterpillar.
- Hot glue one end of the green felt strip to the other, forming a loop. Be sure to leave a small opening at the seam so that you can stuff the caterpillar later on.
- Cut out two small circles from the white felt. These will be the eyes of your caterpillar. Glue them onto the front of the green felt loop, about 5 inches apart.
- Now it’s time to start adding buttons! Begin by hot gluing buttons onto the center of each white felt circle, creating the pupils of your caterpillar’s eyes. Then, continue hot gluing buttons onto the green felt body, starting at the bottom near the eyes and working your way up. Be creative with your button placement – try different patterns and colors!
- Once you’ve finished adding buttons, it’s time to stuff your caterpillar. Gently stuff the open end of the green felt loop with poly-fill or cotton batting.
- Finally, sew or hot glue the opening closed and your Button Crazy Caterpillar is complete!
17. Button Colorful Christmas Trees
Button Christmas trees are a fun and easy craft for kids and adults. All you need is a few buttons, some hot glue, and a little bit of imagination. You can make button trees in any color or style you like.
To make a button Christmas tree, start by Hot gluing buttons to the top of a styrofoam cone. Work your way down the cone, overlapping the buttons as you go. Once you get to the bottom of the cone, glue on a star or other decorative topper.
You can make your button Christmas tree as simple or as elaborate as you like. Use different sizes and colors of buttons to create unique effects. You can even add beads, sequins, or other embellishments to your button tree.
18. Button Owl Art
If you’re looking for a fun and unique craft idea, why not try making button owl art? It’s a great project for both kids and adults, and it’s sure to be a hit with anyone who sees it.
To make your own button owl art, you’ll need:
- Owl template (you can find one online or make your own)
- Construction paper
- Buttons in various colors and sizes
Start by printing out or tracing an owl template onto construction paper. Then, begin gluing buttons onto the owl, working from the outside in. Be sure to use different colors and sizes of buttons to create a fun and eye-catching design. Once you’re finished gluing all of the buttons on, carefully cut out the owl shape. And that’s it! Your button owl art is complete.
19. Button Pendant
If you’re looking for a fun and unique craft idea, why not try making button pendants? Button pendants are easy to make and can be customized to suit your own personal style. All you need is a selection of buttons in different sizes and colors, some jewelry findings, and a bit of creative flair!
To make your button pendant, start by selecting the buttons you want to use. Try to choose buttons that are different sizes and colors for a more interesting design.
Once you’ve selected your buttons, thread them onto a piece of string or fishing line, leaving enough room at the end to knot the thread. Arrange the buttons in any pattern you like before knotting the thread to secure them in place.
Next, add your jewelry findings to the ends of the string. Jewelry findings can be purchased from most craft stores, and they come in a variety of styles and finishes. You’ll need two jump rings and one clasp for each button pendant you make. Attach one jump ring to each end of the string, then thread the clasp onto one of the jump rings. Use pliers to close both jump rings, making sure they’re securely fastened.
Your button pendant is now complete! To wear it, simply slip it over your head like a necklace. You can also attach it to a keychain or bag for a fun and stylish way to accessorize.
20. Butterfly Pillow
This project is perfect for both kids and adults and can be completed in just a few minutes. All you need is some fabric, a needle and thread, and a few buttons.
To start, cut a piece of fabric into a rectangle. Fold the fabric in half so that the wrong sides are together, and sew around the edges using a running stitch. Next, turn the fabric right-side out and stuff it with stuffing or batting.
Now it’s time to add the buttons! Sew them onto the front of the pillow in any pattern or design you like. You could even use different colored buttons to create a rainbow effect. Once you’re happy with your button placement, sew the pillow closed.
And that’s it! Your butterfly pillow is finished. Use it as decor in your home or give it to someone special as a gift.
21. Button Snowflake
If you love snowflakes, then you’ll love this button snowflake craft! It’s a great project for both kids and adults, and it’s so easy to make. All you need is some white felt, buttons, and a hot glue gun.
First, cut a snowflake shape out of the white felt. Then, start hot gluing buttons to the felt, working from the outside in. You can use any kind of button – big or small, colorful or clear – whatever you like! Just make sure that the buttons are all facing the same direction.
Once your snowflake is covered in buttons, let it dry for a few minutes. Then, hang it up on your Christmas tree or in a window where everyone can see it sparkle!
22. Felt and Button Ball
Felt and button balls are a fun and easy craft for both kids and adults. All you need is some felt, buttons, and a needle and thread. Simply sew the buttons onto the felt, making sure to space them out evenly. Once you have sewn on all of the buttons, tie off the thread and trim any excess. Your felt and button ball is now ready to play with!
23. Button Trees
Button trees are a fun and easy craft that both kids and adults will enjoy. All you need is a few buttons, some glue, and a bit of imagination. Once you have your button tree, you can use it to decorate your home or office, or give it away as a gift.
Button trees are a great way to use up those odd buttons that you have lying around. You can use all sorts of different colors and sizes of buttons to create your tree. To get started, simply glue the buttons onto a piece of paper or cardboard in the shape of a tree. Once you have your basic tree shape, you can start getting creative with the decoration.
You can use different colors of buttons to create leaves, or add beads or sequins for extra sparkle. You can also personalize your button tree by adding photos or other mementos. Get creative and have fun with this project!
24. Button Wall Art
It is a great way to add a personal touch to your home decor. Button crafts are also perfect for kids and adults alike. Here are some ideas for button wall art that you can make at home:
- Use buttons of different colors, sizes, and shapes to create a one-of-a-kind piece of art.
- Get creative and use buttons to create a 3D effect on your artwork.
- Use buttons to spell out words or create patterns on your wall art.
- Frame your button artwork to give it a professional look.
25. T-Shirt Button Bracelets
Button crafts are a simple and fun way to add some personality to your style. T-shirt button bracelets are a great option for kids and adults alike. All you need is some fabric scraps, buttons, and a hot glue gun. Simply cut strips of fabric about an inch wide and long enough to wrap around your wrist.
Next, arrange the buttons on the strip of fabric however you like. Once you’re happy with the design, glue the buttons in place.
Allow the glue to dry completely before wrapping the bracelet around your wrist and securing it with a knot or piece of velcro. You can make these bracelets as simple or elaborate as you like – have fun with it!
26. Button Bib Necklace
This button-bib necklace is a great craft for both kids and adults. It’s a simple project that doesn’t require any special skills or materials, and it’s a great way to upcycle old buttons.
To make this button bib necklace, you’ll need:
- A selection of buttons in various sizes and colors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- A length of ribbon or cord
First, select the buttons you want to use for your necklace. You can mix and match different colors and sizes, or stick to just one color scheme. Once you’ve selected your buttons, arrange them on the ribbon or cord in the order you want them to appear.
Next, use hot glue to attach the buttons to the ribbon. Start with the largest button in the center, then work your way outwards with smaller buttons. Allow the glue to dry completely before wearing your new necklace!
27. Button Labels
Button crafts are a great way to add a personal touch to your projects. Buttons come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, so you can really get creative with them! Here are some tips for using buttons in your crafts:
When choosing button labels, go for something that contrasts with the button itself. For example, if you’re using a black button, choose a white label. This will make the label easier to read.
If you’re making a craft for someone else, consider their interests when choosing button labels. For example, if they love animals, you could use animal-themed buttons and labels.
Get creative with the placement of your buttons! You can sew them onto fabric, glue them onto paper, or even string them together to make a bracelet or necklace.
Don’t be afraid to mix and match different colors and styles of buttons. The more unique your project is, the more special it will be.
28. DIY Button Clock
You can make a clock out of buttons! All you need is a hot glue gun, some buttons in different colors, and a clock movement kit.
First, arrange your buttons in a circle on a piece of paper to help plan the design. Once you have the basic design down, start gluing the buttons onto a cardboard or foamboard base.
Make sure to leave space in the center for the clock movement. Attach the hands of the clock movement to the center of your design, and you’re done!
29. Button Bird Art
Button birds are a popular craft for both kids and adults. They are easy to make and can be customized to any color or design you want.
To make a button bird, you will need:
- Buttons in various colors and sizes
- A hot glue gun
- Wire or string
- A piece of cardboard or paper
Instructions: Button Bird Art
- Begin by sketching out your bird design on cardboard or paper. This will be your template.
- Cut out your template. Then, use it to trace the shape onto the back of the buttons.
- Cut out the button shapes.
- Arrange the button pieces on the front of the bird template, mixing and matching colors and sizes as desired. Then, glue them in place with the hot glue gun.
- Once all of the buttons are glued down, cut a small hole in the top of the bird’s head. Thread wire or string through this hole, knotting it on the inside to secure it. This will be used to hang up your finished bird art!
30. Button Pillow Art
Whether you’re looking for a unique gift or home decor, button pillow art is a fun and easy way to add personality to any space. Best of all, it’s a craft that both kids and adults can enjoy.
To get started, gather some colorful buttons, fabric scraps, stuffing, and a needle and thread. Then simply sew the buttons onto the fabric in any design you like. Once you’ve finished stitching, stuff the pillow and hand-sew the opening closed.
Button pillows make great gifts for friends and family, or you can keep them for yourself as fun pieces of home decor. Get creative with your designs and have fun!
Button crafts are a fun and easy way to add a personal touch to your home decor. A lampshade decorated with buttons is a great way to add color and interest to any room. Button crafts are also a great way to use up those extra buttons you have lying around.
To make a button lampshade, start by choosing a lampshade that coordinates with the rest of your decor. Then, select an assortment of buttons in colors that compliment the shade. Using a hot glue gun, glue the buttons around the top and bottom edges of the shade. Be sure to stagger the buttons so that they don’t all line up perfectly. Allow the glue to dry completely before displaying your new button lampshade.
32. Vintage Button Bookmarks
These vintage button bookmarks are a great way to add a little personality to your favorite books. They also make great gifts for friends and family who love to read.
To make these bookmarks, you will need:
- A selection of vintage buttons in different colors and styles
- Ribbon or string
First, cut a length of ribbon or string that is long enough to tie around your book. Next, choose the buttons you want to use and glue them onto the ribbon. Once the glue is dry, trim any excess ribbon from the ends. Now your bookmark is ready to use!
Button candle holders are a simple and fun craft project that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. All you need is a hot glue gun, some buttons, and some candles! Simply glue the buttons around the base of the candle, and you’re done!
34. Button Flower Bouquet
This pretty button flower bouquet is a great craft for kids and adults alike. It’s perfect for Mother’s Day, Teacher Appreciation Week, or just because! All you need are some buttons, pipe cleaners, and hot glue, and you can make this sweet little bouquet in no time.
35. Design A Button Pillow Stripe
Kids and adults love button crafts! This easy and inexpensive project is a fun way to add some personality to your home decor. Simply gather some colorful buttons and create a pillow stripe design. You can use a hot glue gun or needle and thread to attach the buttons. Be creative and have fun with it!
36. Embellish A Picture Frame with Button
One of the most popular ways to craft with buttons is to decorate a picture frame. This is a simple project that can be customized in many different ways to create a one-of-a-kind frame that is perfect for any room in your home.
To get started, you will need a picture frame, buttons of various sizes and colors, glue, and scissors. Begin by deciding on the overall design of your frame. You can create a pattern with the buttons, or glue them on randomly. Once you have decided on the design, begin gluing the buttons onto the frame. If you are using a hot glue gun, be careful not to burn yourself. Once all of the buttons are glued on, let the glue dry completely before displaying your new frame!
37. Button Gift Wrap Idea
This button gift wrap idea is perfect for those who love crafting with buttons! All you need is some wrapping paper, a glue stick, and an assortment of buttons in different sizes, colors, and shapes. Simply glue the buttons onto the wrapping paper in any design you like. This makes for a unique and fun way to wrap gifts.
Buttons are an incredibly versatile craft material, and the possibilities for creating something truly unique with them are endless. We hope this list of 60 button craft ideas has inspired you to get creative with your buttons! Whether it’s a project for yourself, a gift, or something to keep your children entertained on a rainy day, there’s definitely an idea here that can help you bring your vision to life. Have fun crafting.
Share your Favourite button craft ideas with us in the comment section!
If you don’t see what you’re looking for here, reach out to us at [email protected].
Like this? Now Read: